Mid century stone house by artisans of reclaimed stone and timber received a new lease on life with a sympathetic glass and shingle extension. North and south glass walls welcome the pristine views of Bass Strait and the Flinders Golf Course to the south and the leafy village to the north. Large use of oak flooring and concreate products.
Anglesea Beach House
* Revitalization of a 1970's Anglesea beach house in collaboration with Nicholas Murray Architects.
* A subtle palette of soft greys and whites in natural materials of stone and wood selected to complement the coastal bush surrounding this family weekender.
Collingwood Design Agency
* A century old period brick warehouse with great bones, but showing scars of previous unsympathetic occupancy.
* The conversion to a new home for Yoke was a balance between providing an efficient and comfortable working environment whilst respecting and enhancing the building's previous industrial history, and doing so with a sense of fun and adventure.
* The use of natural materials - timber, steel and concrete, combined with relaxed and communal working spaces were chosen to exemplify the creative minds of this design agency.
Hawthorn Victorian House
▪ Double storey Italianate Victorian high on a Hawthorn hill, with recent single storey extension.
▪ The brief was to open-up the house to the outside, rectify a poor existing room layout and create a contemporary but still classical residence.
▪ Intelligent and considered involvement by the client created an outstanding collaborative outcome.
A pair of iconic and very private townhouses in Toorak, designed and built by Roy Grounds in 1953.
Originlly identical in layout and fitout, and now purchased by one owner, the brief was to seamlessly blend the two into a single town residence.
Being in the "most significant" category with heritage Victoria, the challenges were to provide a stylish and comfortable interior with every modern amenity, within extremely restrictive heritage limitations whilst remaining respectful to Roy Grounds innovative aesthetic.
Designers Own Cottage
▪ 1920's two storey brick inner city townhouse on a small footprint. Total strip out and reconstruction, eliminating several internal walls, re-arranging ammenities and storage, and opening the living area to the rear courtyard.
▪ The entire scheme carefully planned around a significant collection of European antique furniture, with the pared back classical architecture as theatrical back drop.
Toorak City Pad
This tiny space in Toorak - once the pool house and swimming pool of Roy Grounds has been turned into a sophisticated bed sit.
North Bondi Apartments
A charming Art Deco apartment building was in disrepair needing extensive work. The gardens were landscaped for simplicity and easy maintenance and each apartment brought up to today's standard for maximum rental potential.